Welcome to the CMS Library Website!
My name is Mrs. Cobb and this is my third year as your Library Media Specialist. I have been teaching for eighteen years and hold a Bachelors Degree in Business Education, a Masters Degree in Library Media Science and a Rank I as a Reading and Writing Specialist. In addition to managing the library, I also teach 6th and 7th Grade Computer Applications, Journalism and Yearbook.
Click on this link to access our on-line card catalog system, Destiny. In Destiny you can search by keyword, title, author, or series to see what is available in our library. You also have the option to search the high school and elementary libraries as well.
If you are not familiar with Destiny, instructions for using Destiny are included in the following link in Powerpoint format.
How to search for a book.ppt
Accelerated Reader (AR) is incorporated into all of our Language Arts classes. The AR policy is listed on the CMS website, but if you would like to check and see if books that you have at home qualify for AR points, you can use the following link:
E-mail Mrs. Cobb for information on any resource available in the library: email@example.com
Monday and Wednesday - 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The library offers extended hours 4 days a week to allow students to visit the library before and after school.
Daily Class Schedule:
8:10 - 9:00 6th Grade Computer Applications
Mrs. Ellen Bell, our Library Assistant, is in the library each day until 11:30 a.m.
11:15 a.m. - 12:10 p.m. 7th Grade Computer Applications
2:20 - 2:45 Journalism is taught in the library
- All students are allowed to check out two (2) books at a time. The books are checked out for two (2) week terms, at which time they need to be returned to the library or renewed. Books need to be brought to the library to be renewed.
AR Test Policy:
- Bring the book with you to the library
- Maximum of one (1) test per day
- Tell the librarian that you have come to take a test.
- AR Tests must be taken at school.
Overdue Book Policy:
- Any student who has an overdue book of longer than thirty (30) days will not be able to check out any other materials until they have either returned the book or made arrangements for payment.
CMS Library Computer Lab
There is a lab of 28 computers in the library for student and classroom use. The majority of these computers were purchased in 2010 and 2011 in order to offer our students current technology for research, study and projects.