Campbellsville Elementary School will host registration on Wednesday, March 21, and Thursday, March 22, for students entering kindergarten in the 2018-2019 school year.
To enroll, children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1. In previous school years, the date was Oct. 1.
For those whose children currently attend preschool or head start, registration will be completed at those locations.
Parents of children entering kindergarten classes at CES in August should contact the CES office between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on March 21 or 22.
Those who would like to enroll their children can call the CES office at (270) 465-4561 for questions, or come to the school.
Students need seven items before they can officially enroll at CES. Those items are:
1. Physical examination, within six months prior to first enrollment in school. Physicals must be reported on forms prescribed by the Department of Education entitled "School Medical Examination Form." Physicals after Wednesday, Feb. 1, will be valid. It is best to make an appointment with a doctor or health department as early as possible to avoid the August rush.
2. Up-to-date immunization record on a Kentucky certificate. The health department or doctor will update immunizations.
3. Certified birth certificate from the Department of Vital Statistics in Frankfort. The birth announcement that is received from the hospital at the time of birth or the billfold-sized copy will not be accepted. A full-sized certificate from Frankfort is required. Birth certificate applications are available at the CES office or the Taylor County Health Department. It takes three to five weeks for an application to be processed. Cost is $10.
4. Social Security number. Applications for a Social Security number can be obtained at the Social Security office. Proof of age in the form of a birth certificate and proof of identity, immunization record or any record with the child's name on it must be provided to apply. The application takes at least two weeks to process.
5. Eye examination, within six months prior to first enrollment in school. Eye exams must be reported on forms prescribed by the Department of Education entitled "Kentucky Eye Examination Form for School Entry." Eye exams after Feb. 1 will be valid.
6. Kentucky Dental Screening/Examination form. Dental screenings/exams performed after Wednesday, Feb. 1, will be valid
7. Proof of residence.
For more information about the enrollment process, call the CES office at (270) 465-4561.