Melissa L. Dooley
Phone: (270) 465-3867
Fax: (270) 789-3675
2016 UNPAID Taxes (as of 06/14/17, sorted by map #)
DELINQUENT TAX BILLS:
Click Here for List of Delinquent Tax Bills* (Years 2005-2015 Sorted by Map #)
(as of 06/07/17)
(*If the properties are highlighted in YELLOW, this means they are currently on a payment plan. If they miss any payments before the tax sale their payment are forfeited and the property will be offered at the sale, you may check with the tax office at (270) 465-3867 if you are interested in one of these properties before the sale to see if any payments have been missed)
Rules of The CISD Delinquent Tax Sale:
- The next tax sale will be in August 2017. Anyone wanting to purchase bills at the tax sale must be a Registered Third Party Purchaser with the State of Kentucky. For more information on how to become a Third Party Purchaser, click here.
- Purchasers must follow the rules and statutes set forth by the State of Kentucky when buying a delinquent tax bill, here are those rules and statutes.
- Those that meet the requirements listed above and ARE NOT registering for the Taylor County Clerk's delinquent tax sale will need to register with the Campbellsville Independent Tax Collector and pay the registration fee of $250. You may register by calling Melissa Dooley at (270) 465-3867 or email your information to email@example.com. If you are registered with the Taylor County Clerk for the county sale, then there is no need to register with the Campbellsville Independent Tax Collector.
- The Campbellsville Independent Delinquent Tax Sale will take place immediately following the Taylor County Delinquent Tax sale at the Taylor County Courthouse on the second floor in the old courtroom.
- If you are a Registered Third Party Purchaser and purchased tax bills at our sale last year, you will have first option to "priority" purchase the same parcel this year (if it is delinquent) by sending an email with the parcel / map # and location of the delinquent bill prior to the tax sale to Melissa Dooley, Tax Collector for CISD so the bill can be pulled prior to the sale. The Purchaser who purchased the latest tax bill (2015) will have first option, then it will go backward's (2014 bill Purchaser) from there since last year was our first sale and several years were sold.
- After the close of the sale, the years prior to 2016 may be purchased by anyone wishing to do so. You would need to come into the office of the Campbellsville Independent Tax Collector located in the Taylor County Courthouse on the first floor to make those purchases.
- Once the sale is complete, the remaining tax bills (any and all years) that did not get purchased may be bought by anyone regardless of their registrations status with the State of Kentucky, but they must abide by the rules and statutes as stated above.
- It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to prepare the tax lien, present and pay the Taylor County Clerk for the filing of the lien in order to secure a lien on the property.
- A title search is the responsibility of the third-party tax purchaser, the list may include some protected properties that the school may not be aware of, so make sure to protect your investment.